Data privacy is of high importance for MOTOROADS and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data.
We therefore have a policy setting out how your personal data will be processed and protected.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
MOTOROADS is the Controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws. For transfers outside the EEA, MOTOROADS will request from the subject (prior to finalizing a booking) an explicit consent for transfer of personal data to countries without adequacy decision from the European Commission.
What personal data do we collect?
To make you an offer or in order for you to make a booking we require certain personal information so we can fulfill your request. This may includes your name, age, date and place of birth and contact details (email, address and phone number). In addition, we collect information from your computer when you use one of our platforms, even if you don’t make a booking. This may include your IP address, which browser you use, and your language settings.
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
- Bookings: First and foremost, we use your personal data to make and administer your booking, and to forward the necessary details to the company that provides your rental vehicle (or other product or service). This includes sending you communications in relation to your booking, such as confirmations, modifications and reminders.
- Customer service: We need your details so we can help you make a booking, for example, or to reply to any queries you may have before, during or after your booking.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact details to send you a short questionnaire about your booking. This helps us understand and improve our service.
- Communicating with you: There may be other times when we contact you by phone, email or SMS. There could be a number of reasons for this, including:
- Responding to, and handling any requests you have made.
- Emailing you a reminder about a booking you didn’t finalize, to see if you need any help to do so.
- Sending you a questionnaire or inviting you to review your experience.
- Sending you other material related to your booking, such as how to contact us (or another company) if you need help during your booking.
- Improving our services: We analyze personal data to help us improve the functionality and quality of our online services, and enhance the whole user experience.
- Legal purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your personal data to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations, for compliance reasons, or to make sure we apply our terms and conditions accurately.
Who access your data?
MOTOROADS company will act as the personal data controller and processes the personal data.
We never pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the MOTOROADS group. Data is forwarded to another company (Joint Controller) only for the purpose of providing you with the service you have ordered through us.
What is the legal ground for processing?
To process your personal data like this, we rely on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: We need to use your personal data to fulfill any contract you’ve made with us. For example, when you book a vehicle, we need to transfer your booking details to the rental company.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our ‘legitimate interests’ (anything we believe is an essential part of carrying out our business effectively – at the same time as respecting your rights and upholding the law). For example, to provide you with the most suitable content on our platforms, including our emails and newsletters; to improve and promote our products and services; and for administrative and legal purposes.
What are your rights?
RIGHT TO ACCESS:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact MOTOROADS that will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
RIGHT TO PORTABILITY:
Whenever MOTOROADS process your personal data by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement you have the right to get a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if it is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
RIGHT TO ERASURE:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by MOTOROADS at any time except for the following situations.
* you have an ongoing matter with MOTOROADS customer Service
* you have an open order which has not yet been delivered or partially delivered
* you have an unsettled debt with MOTOROADS, regardless of the payment method
* if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last three years
* your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years or one year for deceased customers
* if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for bookkeeping rules
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on MOTOROADS legitimate interest. MOTOROADS will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
* following the instruction in each marketing mails
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that MOTOROADS restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
* if you object to a processing based MOTOROADS legitimate interest, MOTOROADS shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
* if you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, MOTOROADS must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
* if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
* if MOTOROADS no longer needs the personal data but it is required for your to make of defending legal claims.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously. if you would like to make a request in relation to your rights stated above, please use this form. You can also contact us for further assistance at:
Right to complain with a supervisory Authority:
If you consider MOTOROADS to process your personal data in a incorrect way you can contact us. You also have the right to turn in a complaint to a supervisory authority.
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website. We will communicate any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, the identity of the Controller or your rights.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on our platforms?
MOTOROADS EOOD with registration address: Bulgaria, Dimitrovgrad 6400, P.Evtimii 15-B-13 and company registration number: 108 689 623 is responsible for processing of personal data on its platforms. If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our practices, or this Privacy Notice, please email stating “Privacy” in the subject line, and we’ll get right back to you.